REQUEST A TOW Professional Auto Repair, Maintenance & Customization Services

Vehicle Storage Facility (VSF) FAQ's

Can I come any time to pick up my vehicle from the impound?

We require a one hour's notice for removing a vehicle from the Vehicle Storage Facility (VSF)

Can I come by to pick up my personal property and look at the damages to my vehicle?

We only release personal property during normal business hours, Monday thru Friday, hours listed on this site. If you want to view the vehicle and you provide the necessary documents of proof as listed below, you may view the vehicle during normal office business hours.

We accept vehicles 24 hours and are required to release a vehicle with a one hour notice.

What do I need when picking up a vehicle from the impound?

Here is the rule from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation on what forms of identification may be used to take possession of an impounded vehicle.

85.710. Release of Vehicles. (New section adopted effective April 15, 2008, 33 TexReg 2931; amended effective May 3, 2010, 35 TexReg 3482; amended effective September 1, 2010, 35 TexReg 7786; amended effective January 16, 2012, 37 TexReg 112; amended effective August 15, 2013, 38 TexReg 5060; amended effective March 15, 2014, 39 TexReg 1704)
(3) The VSF shall allow the vehicle owner or authorized representative to obtain possession of the vehicle, including payment at the location of the stored vehicle, at any time between the hours listed on the facility information sign posted as described in §85.1003, upon payment of all fees due, presentation of valid identification (Texas drivers license or other state or federally issued photo identification), and upon presentation of:

(A) a notarized power-of-attorney;
(B) a court order;
(C) a certificate of title;
(D) a tax collector's receipt and a vehicle registration renewal card accompanied by a conforming identification;
(E) name and address information corresponding to that contained in the files of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles;
(F) a current automobile lease or rental agreement executed by the operator of the vehicle or a person holding a power of attorney executed by the person named in the lease agreement;
(G) appropriate identification of any state or federal law enforcement agency representative;
(H) the most recent version of a department-approved form or electronic version of a department-approved form published on the department's website,; which the VSF must make available to the vehicle owner or person seeking possession of or access to the vehicle; or
(I) evidence of financial responsibility (insurance card), as required by Transportation Code §601.051, as an additional form of identification that establishes ownership or right of possession or control of the vehicle.
(5) Paragraph (3) does not require a VSF to release a vehicle to the owner or operator of the vehicle if the owner or operator of the vehicle does not:

(A) pay the charges for services regulated under this chapter or Chapter 86 of this title, including charges for and associated with delivery or storage of the vehicle; and
(B) present valid photo identification issued by this state, another state, a federal agency or a foreign government.

(6) If it accepts vehicles 24 hours a day, all VSFs shall have vehicles available for release 24 hours a day within one hour's notice.
A VSF may not refuse to release a vehicle to the owner or operator of the vehicle or require a sworn affidavit of the owner or operator of the vehicle solely because the owner or operator presents valid photo identification issued by this state, another state, or a federal agency that includes a different address than the address contained in the title and registration records of the vehicle.

May I take parts off of my vehicle if it has been impounded?

85.717. Responsibilities of Licensee--Removal of Parts; Dismantling or Demolishing Stored Vehicles. (New section adopted effective April 15, 2008, 33 TexReg 2931)

Except as provided for by these rules, no parts shall be removed from any vehicle, and no vehicle shall be dismantled or demolished within the storage area of a licensed VSF. Vehicles may be dismantled or demolished only if the VSF has a certificate of title, certificate of authority to demolish, police auction sales receipt, or transfer document issued by the State of Texas for the vehicle being dismantled or demolished.

What forms of payment may I use to pay for my vehicle?

85.711. Responsibilities of Licensee--Forms of Payment for Release of Vehicle. (New section adopted effective April 15, 2008, 33 TexReg 2931; amended effective January 1, 2016, 40 TexReg 9122)

(a) In addition to other forms of payment accepted by the VSF, including a governmental VSF, a VSF must accept cash, debit cards and credit cards.


Can I make payments and get my vehicle back?

We do not accept payment plans for vehicles that have been impounded.

My car was stolen, are you going to charge me?

We charge for services rendered. We provide non-consent tows by the order of the Bastrop County Sherriff's Department, Bastrop City Police, DPS and other governing agencies. If you have insurance that covers theft you may file a claim or have your insurance company contact us and we will work with the insurance company to pay the fees associated with your vehicle.

My car was damaged due to an accident, can you fix my car?

We can, we have an auto body and paint shop. If you have insurance, file a claim and we will work directly with your insurance company. If you don't have insurance, we can estimate the damage to your vehicle and then you can decide. Storage does accrue daily and all impound fees must be paid when the vehicle is removed from the VSF, unless other arrangements are made with the manager or owner of the company.